The Homelessness Support Service provide a Housing Support and Housing First Service
Our Housing Support Service provides support to anyone who is homeless, living in temporary accommodation or living in their own home whether that is in Local Authority, Housing Association or Private Rented housing. We have an open referral system and support individuals with a wide range of health and housing needs.
Supports that can be provided are:
• Support to maintain your tenancy, preventing homelessness
• Support to set up a new tenancy
• Advice on benefits, budgeting, and other financial matters
• Access to health services and other third sector services
• Support to navigate through the homeless route / housing issues
• Access to education, employment and volunteering
Our Housing First Service is targeted to those who are homeless and have a history of homelessness / failed tenancies and have multiple needs such as substance use, mental health and offending behaviour. Our main aim is to provide a tenancy from the earliest opportunity with wrap around intensive support from our own team and in partnership with other services to meet your needs.
For further information on both services please contact the ACCESSLine on 03452 777 778 or email HomelessnessSupport@angus.gov.uk
*Please note we are not responsible for the provision of temporary accommodation if you require temporary accommodation please contact your local Community Housing Team via the Accessline